CRITICAL ACTIONS TO MAINTAIN AND IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF YOUR LIFE
EXERCISE MATTERS. From the moment of diagnosis through every single day, keep exercising in any and every way you can. If you already do regular exercise, whether through regular participation in sports, or just walking the dog - Maintain and EXPAND it however and whenever possible.
Take up activities which involve RHYTHM and BALANCE. ANY KIND of regular DANCING is helpful
In essence you have to USE IT or you will LOSE IT!
1. So, in the morning when you wake up ensure you do at least 15-30 minutes of an exercise routine. Try and exercise all parts of your body.
2. Try and go to a class which will help you exercise at least once a week.
3. Continue to walk every day if you are able. A SHORT WALK is better than NO WALK!
4. If you already participate in any sport such as tennis, table tennis, golf, bowls CONTINUE TO DO IT. Even if your performance deteriorates, DON'T GIVE UP. Be proud you can continue to do it.
5. Try new forms of exercise that you have not done before. Yoga, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Swinging Indian Clubs, indeed anything that helps keep you as physically fit as possible.
6. DANCE EVERY DAY to music you enjoy. Dancing of any kind is particularly helpful for Parkinson's as it helps
RHYTHM and BALANCE, as well as being excellent exercise.